Source4Shift (Sole Trader) of 188 Gertrude St, North Gosford NSW Australia (we, us and our) operate a website at www.source4shift.com that provides information, tools, services and products to serve the public.
2: What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not and whether recorded in material form or not.
3: What personal information do we collect?
(a) We may collect personal information from you when you sign up for our subscription services, opt in to our newsletter, buy any products from us, or otherwise contact us by any method.
(b) When you buy any goods from us, we will collect the personal information you provide during the ordering or purchasing process. Such personal information may include details such as your name, phone number, email address, credit card number, expiry date, bank details and billing address.
(c) When you access and use our Website we will record for statistical purposes certain information about such access and use, including your IP address, the date and time of your visit, the parts of our Website you access during your visit, your actions on our Website, and the browser you are using. We may associate this information with you when you sign up for our subscription services, opt in to our newsletter or buy any products from us.
(d) There may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. For example, we may collect information from a third party where they purchase products on your behalf. In such instances, we will determine whether we would have been entitled to collect such information from you under this section 3, and to the extent we were not, we will destroy or de-identify such information as soon as reasonably practical.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information. You may use our Website without registering, but we will not be able to personally identify you unless you choose to access or buy any of our products or if you otherwise provide us with your identity, through participation in one or more of our forums for example.
(b) If you reject cookies, some or all of the functions on our Website may not be available to you. For example, cookies must be enabled to access and use any part of our Website for placing orders.
If the Website collects particular information for analytics purposes (including using a third party provider) this may need to be disclosed, in which case you agree we can do so.
6: How is your personal information used?
(a) We generally use the personal information we collect to provide information, products or services to you, and, if you use our Website, to track your usage, to evaluate performance of our Website, and to keep track of your shopping cart and your account settings. We may also use the information for the following purposes:
- (i) to provide you with information in relation to the products and services we provide;
- (ii) to send email notifications for special promotions or offers conducted by us;
- (iii) to conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research;
- (iv) to respond to your questions or suggestions;
- (v) to improve the quality of our products or services; or
- (vi) to improve the quality of your experience when visiting our Website.
(b) You can opt out of receiving such information by notifying us accordingly, or using any unsubscribe facility we provide for that purpose.
7: Disclosure of your personal information
(a) We do not sell, rent or trade personal information to or with any other third parties.
(b) We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party unless:
- (ii) that third party is a contractor engaged to provide goods or services to us (including goods or services that assist us in providing our Website). This may include disclosure to contractors outside of Australia. Our agreements with such contractors require they keep your personal information confidential, and that they only use or disclose your personal information for the purposes of providing those goods or services to us;
- (iii) such disclosure is in connection with the sale of some or all of our business or assets; or
- (iv) you have consented for us to share the information for this purpose, or the disclosure is authorised by the Privacy Act including:
- (A) to lessen or prevent a serious threat to life or health;
- (B) to protect the personal safety of users of our Website or the public;
- (C) if authorised or required by law;
- (D) if we have reason to suspect unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- (E) to enforce the law or where necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity; or
- (F) you would reasonably expect or we have told you that your personal information is usually used or disclosed to third parties in this way.
8: Access and correction of your personal information
(a) If you request it, we will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception to such disclosure which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
(b) If you need access to your personal information, please email email@example.com. We will require some proof of identity before we provide you with access to your personal information. For most requests, your information will be provided free of charge, however, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request requires a substantial effort on our part.
(c) If we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal including any exceptions relied upon under the APPs (unless it would be unreasonable to do so).
(d) We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it – please contact us if this is not the case and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
9: How we hold and secure your personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take steps to prevent the personal information we hold about you from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
10: Links to other websites
Sometimes our Website contains links to other websites. When you access a website other than our Website, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
11: How to contact us
(a) If you have any queries or complaints about our collection, use or management of your personal information, please contact:
A: Source4Shift, 188 Gertrude St, North Gosford, NSW 2250
(b) If you want to make a complaint about an alleged breach of the Privacy Act, please send us your complaint in writing to the email address listed above. We will try to respond to complaints within a reasonable period (usually 30 days). If you are not satisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by phoning 1300 363 992 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.